Title: Chico Boy: A Novel
Author: Gina Hooten Popp
Genre: Literary Fiction
Published: October 14th, 2016
Publisher: GHP Books
Formats Available: Mobi
~ Synopsis ~
As they bumped along on the old bike, Chico Boy said, “Last night I dreamed I was riding a motorcycle up a meat mountain.”
“Raw meat? Or cooked?”
“What’s the difference?”
“One’s bloody, and the other isn’t,” Talula huffed as she spoke. Chico Boy could tell she was getting tired.
“It was raw—blood everywhere.”
Life isn’t easy when you have as many obstacles to overcome as fourteen-year-old Chico Boy has in his life. For starters, his Dad left over a year ago and he’s fallen behind in school. And even though his mother works hard at her waitressing job, she’s barely able to cover the family’s expenses. Things like new underwear and tennis shoes fall far down on the list of essentials when compared to gas, food and rent. And now to top it all off, he and his best friend Tulula think they’ve witnessed a possible murder. But take heart, not all is bad for Chico Boy. He has a great group of friends and an indomitable spirit that keeps him bouncing high on the pogo stick of life.
~ About the Author ~
A native Texan, award-winning author Gina Hooten Popp was born in Greenville and now lives in Dallas with her husband and son.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.