Title: This Ordinary Life
Author: Jennifer Walkup
Genre: YA Romance
Published: October 1st, 2015
Publisher: Luminis Books
Age Recommendation: 12+
Formats Available: Mobi, PDF
~ Synopsis ~
A teen with big dreams of making it in radio, struggles to hold her family together while dealing with her brother’s epilepsy, her mother’s alcoholism, and her own broken heart.
Sometimes hope is the most extraordinary gift of all.
High-school radio host Jasmine Torres’s life is full of family dysfunction, but if she can score the internship of her dreams with a New York City radio station, she knows she can turn things around.
That is, until her brother Danny’s latest seizure forces her to miss the interview, and she’s back to the endless loop of missing school for his doctor appointments, picking up the pieces of her mother’s booze-soaked life, and stressing about Danny’s future.
Then she meets Wes. He’s the perfect combination of smart, cute, and funny. He also happens to have epilepsy like her brother. Wes is living a normal life despite his medical issues, which gives Jasmine hope for Danny. But memories of her cheating ex-boyfriend keep Jasmine from going on a real date with Wes, no matter how many times he asks her.
Jasmine can’t control everything, not who wins the internship, not her mother’s addiction, not her brother’s health, not even where her heart will lead her. She wishes she could just have an ordinary life, but Jasmine may just discover that what she already has is pretty extraordinary after all.
~ About the Author ~
Award-winning author Jennifer Walkup is most often found writing, reading, and spending time with her husband and young sons. A member of SCBWI and RWA, Jennifer also works as an editor and creative writing instructor, and is an advocate for Epilepsy awareness. This Ordinary Life is her second novel.
You can find her online at jenniferwalkup.com
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.