Title: Destiny’s Lot: A Halloween Love Story
Series: Twisted Family Holidays series #4 (Standalone)
Author: J.R. Wirth
Genre: YA Horror
Published: October 19th, 2015
Publisher: Books To Go Now
Age Recommendation: 12+
~ Synopsis ~
Long before there were texts, instant messaging, and endless social networks, we had phones and snail mail. And if we wanted a date, we actually had to talk to the other person first. This would often delay the inevitable, as we first had to gather our nerves in order to ask out the intended person. This was the case for young JR, who was looking forward to his long awaited Halloween date with the girl of his dreams. When he finally got up the nerve to ask Destiny out, she said yes. All he had to do was cut a few lawns to make a buck or two, and then take his younger siblings trick-or-treating. After that, he was free to enjoy his date, and join his friends at a legendary Halloween party. What could go wrong?
The thrills start early that Halloween day, when JR decides to get an application for a job and a burrito at the same time. The workers at the fast food restaurant had different plans, however, and leave JR reeling, and wondering what happened. As he makes his way through the day, he is met with a host of obstacles and evil beings trying to eliminate him and his family. These implausible, chilling antics last throughout Halloween day and into the night. How will JR respond? Can he save himself? Can he save his family? And what about Destiny, can he salvage his date? Read Destiny’s Lot: A Halloween Love Story and find out.
~ About the Author ~
J.R. Wirth continues his mastery of twisted family holidays, while adding a bit of horror in his latest—Destiny’s Lot: A Halloween Love Story. His stories always depict the depth of the human condition, and emotional rollercoasters we all experience, but introduce ghouls and the children of the damned and you get a fun, thrilling, unconventional love story for the ages. The flawed characters continue to engage and pull us in.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.