~ Schedule ~
Dysus Dreamer by J.A. Garland:
- September 12th – Ladies @ One More Chapter (Book Review)
- September 12th – Tiffany & Ryan @ Book-Marks the Spot
- September 12th – Dafeenah @ Indie Designz
- September 12th – Flora @ From the Bootheel Cotton Patch
- September 12th – Rania @ Urania’s Distractions (Book Review)
- September 12th – Dalene @ Dalene’s Book Reviews
- September 12th – Jaidis @ Juniper Grove
- September 12th – Marcy @ Marcy Rachel Designs
- September 12th – Amber G. @ Lady Amber’s Reviews
- September 12th – Autumn @ Fallen Over Book Reviews
- September 12th – Yolanda @ Defending the Pen
- September 12th – Carrie @ Indy Book Fairy
- September 13th – Sophie @ Book Suburbia
- September 13th – CCAM @ Mythical Books
- September 13th – Bianca @ Bianca2b
- September 13th – Vicky @ Deal Sharing Aunt
- September 13th – Jessica @ Jess’s Book Blog
- September 13th – Corey @ Corey’s Book Reviews (Book Review)
- September 13th – Laurie @ Laurie’s Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews
- September 13th – Brenda @ Daily Mayo (Book Review)
- September 13th – Sabrina @ Sabrina’s Paranormal Palace (Book Review)
- September 13th – Jocelyn @ Jocelyn Adams
- September 13th – Bridgette @ BookwormBridgette’s World
- September 13th – Aja @ Aja Hannah Blog
~ About the Book ~
Title: Dysus Dreamer
Series: The Halfling Chronicles, Book Two
Author: J.A. Garland
Published: July 1st, 2013
Publisher: Burst Books
Word Count: 70,000
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Content Warning: Contains violence and minor adult language.
Recommended Age: 18+
~ Synopsis ~
Demon warrior, Slade Aesus, is determined to destroy the werewolves controlling his cousin. But a beautiful elf, consumed by her own vengeance, finds the wolves first. Botching her assassination attempt, Annwyn has the most powerful Packs in the world biting at her heels. Both fiercely independent, can the two join forces long enough to fulfill their missions and stay alive?
~ About the Author ~
Writing under the pen name, J.A. Garland, Jennifer is a full-time firefighter in the state of California, an addicted trail runner, a connoisseur of all things cheese puff, and an urban fantasy author. When she isn’t slogging through the obstacles at a mud run, you can find her hunched over her computer unleashing demons, vampires, and werewolves upon the world.
~ Excerpt ~
A solid assassination operation takes one part opportunity, two parts discipline, and three parts disposition. Having two out of three this chilly Seattle evening, Slade considered himself in abundance of good fortune.
Parked in front of a solitary office building, in the zone clearly marked “No Parking,” Slade cleared his mind of distractions consisting of the little here and there that could creep in and throw him off, just a hair, but enough to jeopardize his mission. Satisfied, he slid out of the rental car and re-tucked a stylish black golf shirt monogrammed with “Constantine Vineyards” into a pair of crisp, steel gray slacks. In this particular scenario, image was crucial.
Tonight, the element discipline presented itself by his waiting for the precise moment to strike. He made a living analyzing people and their habits, so he knew his targets relaxed around the holidays and were less likely to see the danger lurking behind his smiling façade. The current festivity du jour was Christmas, and coupled with his gift, destined Slade a popular man. I’m counting on it.
He moved around to the trunk, where he heaved free a slatted, wooden case. It smelled of musky oak. The peaceful scent hinted at candlelit dinners shared with a long time lover. His jaw clenched. Not in my past and not in my future.
Slade lugged his precious cargo toward the sprawling metal office building. Immense, the structure stabbed farther into the heavens than any other in the area, yet fell short. Just like my target. Outwardly, Joe Larsen appeared a dedicated family man, a real pillar of the community whose flourishing internet and telecommunications business, ProCom, employed hundreds. In reality, the werewolf belonged to the Dirty Dozen, a group of the twelve most ruthless wolf Packs roaming the earth.
How ironic. I was once your target. A year ago, the Dozen kidnapped his cousin Amber, a half-demon, half-human. Able to keep a shifter from shifting, Amber’s ability proved irresistible, since more times than not, the Dozen’s meetings devolved into an unproductive, fur-flying brawl. We saved Amber, but left behind some unfinished business. Starting with Larsen, the wolves would learn a lesson…a demon’s memory rivals the most scorned woman, and paybacks were indeed a bitch.
~ Giveaway ~
Stay You & Happy Reading,