~ Schedule ~
- Melissa @ Melissa Book Buzz
- Amber @ The Wonderings of One Person
- Angela @ I Feel the Need, the Need to Read
- Hope @ Hope to Read
- Katlynn @ Kat’s Reading Corner
- Selah @ Come Selahway With Me
- Tamara @ The Avid Book Collector
- Kristy @ Keep Calm and Write On
- Ladies @ Dayreader Reviews
- LJ @ This and That Book Blog
- Jaidis @ Juniper Grove
- Laurie @ Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
- CCAM @ Mythical Books
- Amber G. @ Lady Amber’s Reviews
- Nancy @ The Avid Reader
- Emily @ Zerina Blossom’s Books
- Kristin @ Second Book to the Right
- Patricia @ Room With Books
- Susan @ Susan Heim on Writing
- Elizabeth @ Elizabeth Delana Rosa
~ About the Book ~
Title: Population Morpheus
Author: S. G. Basu
Published: June 8th, 2015
Genre: Science Fiction
~ Synopsis ~
c.2566. The signs are clear.
The time to evacuate Earth is now.
Summons are sent. But not to everyone. Only a handful will be picked to be part of the future colonies.
– A gifted teen for a way to escape her average life. She gets an offer that is hard to refuse. Will she dare to pay the price?
– The sole survivor of the worst megatron collapse in history doesn’t know what to do–celebrate this second chance at life or become a tool of vengeance . . .
– A boy raised within a cocoon of segregation faces his biggest challenge – standing up for someone who looks nothing like him.
Thrust into an unfamiliar world held in place by a harsh set of rules, will humanity make it?
Strangers meet. Bargains are made.
Only one thing is a given–survival depends on forging the right alliances.
~ About the Author ~
S.G. Basu likes to call herself a middle aged host to a forever-young heart–a heart that is addicted to dreaming.
Being an engineer by training, the worlds of futuristic fantasy that she weaves in her books spring from her interest in science and her love of engineering.
She enjoys traveling to faraway places–her writing inspired by the people she meets in these beautiful lands. Her stories are also a celebration of the influences from her travels around the world.
Ms. Basu is also an avid nature photographer. When she is not busy writing, she enjoys gardening, music and spending time in the outdoors with her family.
~ Excerpt ~
Balik could be brutal. He demanded respect–for him, for the massive organization that was HS, for our cause. And he demanded wins. That was the hard part–fighting the GG forces that were far better equipped than us, surviving their raids and assaults and winning in the end–didn’t happen that easy.
“My best soldier,” Balik showed me a chair as he stretched on the red silk-wrapped couch at the corner. “What new plans have you got? Give me some good news.”
That was what I wanted to share with him–my next venture–the “Smokescreen.” Once Balik approved it, I had to start setting the smaller wheels in motion, and then build it up until in a few months–
“You want to shut down their ventilation system?” Balik whispered gawking, as he pulled off those dark glasses he always wore. His eyes, one brown and the other a pale gray, shone with excitement. “Sure you can pull this off?”
I nodded. “I’ve to start by rerouting the terminator boxes on Coogan’s Hill. I’ll load most of the malcode from there.”
“All right. When can you begin?”
“Day after tomorrow. Have to lay my father first.”
“Oh, yes. Go do it.”
“And I don’t need to remind you this, but don’t get identified. I won’t have a marked operative back among us.”
He didn’t have to remind me of the consequences, he knew I’d never forget Dobin.
~ Giveaway ~
Stay You & Happy Reading,