Up for Review: Catalyst by Kristin Smith
Series: The Deception Game, book 1
Author: Kristin Smith
Published: November 21, 2016
Publisher: Clean Teen Publishing
Genre: Action & Adventure / Survival Stories, Dystopian, Dystopian, Science Fiction
Formats Available: Mobi, ePub
~ Synopsis ~
Too pretty. Too smart. Too perfect.
In a crumbling, futuristic Las Vegas where the wealthy choose genetic modification for their children, seventeen-year-old Sienna Preston doesn’t fit in. As the only “normal” girl, everyone around her is a little too pretty, a little too smart, and a little too perfect. But when her father dies suddenly, her world changes in an instant.
With little skills to help provide for her family, Sienna clings to the two things that come easily—lying and stealing. But not all thief-for-hire assignments go as planned. When a covert exchange of a stolen computer chip is intercepted, she becomes entangled with a corrupt government official who uses her thieving past as leverage, her mother as collateral, and the genetically modified poster boy she’s falling for as bait.
In order to rescue her mother, there may only be one option—joining forces with the Fringe, an extremist group, and their young leader who’s too hot to be bad. Problem is, these revolutionaries aren’t what they seem, and the secrets they’re hiding could be more dangerous than Sienna is prepared for. In the end, she must be willing to risk everything to save the one thing that matters most.
Catalyst is a thrilling adventure of danger, romance, intrigue, and deception.
~ About the Author ~
Kristin Smith writes young adult contemporary and science fiction novels with enough kissing to make her mother blush. She’s a beach lover and a Just Dance guru who enjoys belting out karaoke (from the comfort of her own home). As a self-professed chocoholic, Kristin is a firm believer that if a dessert doesn’t have chocolate in it, then it’s not considered a dessert. (Except for crème brûlée. She can always make an exception for crème brûlée.) Kristin currently resides in the middle-of-nowhere North Carolina with her husband and five incredibly loud but extremely cute boys. To read more about her obsession with YA novels or her addiction to scarves, you can visit her at kristinsmithbooks.com.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.