Title: Piercing the Veil
Series: The Crusaders Series #1
Author: Nicole Taylor
Genre: YA Fantasy, Romance
Published: May 2016
Publisher: Alan and Lane Media
Content Warning: Non-graphic attempted assault/rape scene
Age Recommendation: 15+
Formats Available: Mobi
Archived Date: May 6th, 2017
~ Synopsis ~
FAMILY SECRETS. PARALLEL WORLDS. FORBIDDEN LOVE.
Eighteen-year-old Alexa Moore has had enough of her rigid, controlled existence. Shortly after her graduation, she decides it’s time for her to make the decisions in her life, and quit letting her grandmother have the last say. But when she sees a man watching her—at her graduation, at the market, outside of where she volunteers—her excitement is snuffed out by a sense of dread she can’t shake. And that’s only the beginning…
Soon, strange things begin happening: doors opening by themselves, books falling off shelves. At first, Alexa ignores the bizarre occurrences, chalking them up to coincidence. But when things take a violent turn, she discovers that these occurrences aren’t coincidence at all. In fact, they’re all tied to one thing: her. It isn’t long before she realizes that telepathy and empathy are not the only abilities she possesses. And these new abilities—ones she cannot begin to explain—are growing in strength…becoming more and more dangerous.
Lost and confused, Alexa turns to her grandmother, the one person she trusts above all others, for help. But Gran isn’t who she appears to be, and Alexa finds herself embroiled in a family history that’s shrouded in mystery and lies, where no one, not even the young Irishman she’s fallen for, is who they seem.
Part romance, part thriller, and part fantasy, Piercing the Veil is Nicole L. Taylor’s premiere novel that is not to be missed.
~ About the Author ~
NICOLE TAYLOR grew up loving and devouring books, until one day she discovered she loved something even more than reading: writing stories of her own. After years of dreaming about becoming an author, she finally decided to sit down and make that dream a reality. When she’s not working away on one of her novels, she can be found tucked away in a corner with one of her favorite books, chasing after her two precocious children alongside her amazing husband, or pondering ideas for novels of her own to come.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.