This page serves as the Start blog for the hunt and you can always return here if you miss any of the key words.
~ About the Book ~
Title: The Deaths of Me
Author: Cydney Lawson
To Be Published: February 2014
Word Count: 80,000
Genre: YA Paranormal
~ Synopsis ~
One, tiny little massacre, and suddenly Ivy’s the bad guy.
Now indebted to the Covenant until the unforeseeable future due to her murderous actions, the vampire has a new mission: save Rory, the last half-phoenix, from the clutches of a crazed group of humans who are bent on harnessing immortality.
But saving Rory means partnering with Dane—a werewolf playboy who never shuts up. Forced to work together until the Covenant reveals their plans, Dane finds himself falling out of his heartbreaker ways and into love with Rory.
When Ivy learns that Rory’s mounting passion becomes deadlier each time she and Dane touch, things get even more complicated. As the cult hunts them down, Ivy must fight to keep the two apart. It will take all three of them working together and facing their pasts to save their own lives before the cult reclaims what they stole in the first place: Rory’s life.
~ About the Author ~
Cydney Lawson is an adventurous college student with a slightly awkward, yet quirky, personality. She can always be found with pen and paper in hand, and chocolate and a paperback close by. When not writing, Cydney can be found studying for her creative writing degree, spending time with friends and family, or cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Her dream is to move away from the craziness of the city and live in a cabin in the woods with her 2 dogs (who don’t belong to her yet) as a full time writer and editor.
Now on to the hunt! A special excerpt has been written exclusively for this event and can’t be found anywhere other than participating blogs. This excerpt has had twenty words removed and it’s up to you to find these key words on the blogs taking part.
~ Where can the key words be found? ~
One key word is included on each participating blog in green text. Some will jump right out at you with ease while others will be a litter harder as you search for the cleverly hidden words.
~ When will the posts go up for the hunt? ~
There are 6 to 7 stops a day from February 5th – 7th. If you miss a word or get turned around while searching, below is the entire schedule so you can pick up where you left off. I will be updating it with the direct link to the hunt posts once they are live to make things a little easier.
~ Hunt Schedule ~
The Deaths of Me by Cydney Lawson:
- February 5th – START: Jaidis @ Juniper Grove Book Solutions
- February 5th – Sabrina @ Sabrina’s Paranormal Palace
- February 5th – Hooligans @ Platypire Reviews
- February 5th – Julie @ Chapter Break
- February 5th – E.M. @ The Reader’s Hollow
- February 5th – Cu’Anam @ CU’s eBook Giveaways
- February 6th – Jessica @ Jess’s Book Blog
- February 6th – CCAM @ Mythical Books
- February 6th – Cheshire Cat @ The Cheshire Cat’s Looking Glass
- February 6th – Vicky @ Deal Sharing Aunt
- February 6th – Regan Black @ Regan Black
- February 6th – F.X. Scully @ F.X.Scully
- February 7th – Rachel @ Rachel Tsoumbakos
- February 7th – Erika @ Cloud Nine Girl
- February 7th – Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts
- February 7th – Maria @ Queen of All She Reads
- February 7th – Carrie @ Indy Book Fairy
- February 7th – Marni J. @ Word to Dreams
- February 7th – Kel @ Literary Nook
- February 7th – END: Laurie @ Laurie’s Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews
~ Excerpt ~
“What are we doing, Dane?” She felt his hot breath on her neck when he _______ smelling her.
“I’m doing my job. I’m ______ sure you stay alive.” He pulled back to look at her, and she could see the shine of bad ideas in his gaze. Ideas, she was fairly certain, ________ her.
“No. Really. What are we doing?”
Dane sighed and dipped his head ____ into the crook of her neck. His lips brushed her shoulder when he replied, “Being young, reckless, and most ___________, alone.”
He ________ her firmly against him when he said ‘alone’, and it was all Rory could do to not melt in his embrace. His lips descended again against her skin, this time across her jawline. Rory swallowed ____ and bunched her dress in her fists to force herself to keep her hands to herself. Lest those hands send Dane to an _____ cremation.
She felt the smile against her skin when he whispered, “Do you want me to kiss you?”
Her mouth fell open in an _______ to scream yes, but no sound came out. Frantically, her gaze darted around the dimly lit corridor they occupied. Fairy music and distant _______ were the only sounds she could hear. Well, there was also the infuriatingly delicious growls of ____________ from the werewolf in front of her when he dropped her ____ to the floor once more to cup the back of her head.
Her skin felt like it was on fire, but it wasn’t like any burn she’d ___________ before. And coming from her of all people, which was saying something.
She _________ around her mind to find some resemblance of responsibility to say, “We can’t.” The weak refusal sounded like a lie to her own ears.
Dane tenderly pulled her head back so he could _____ at her. He was all she could see. He was excruciatingly close, and all Rory wanted to do was get closer. Dane pressed the length of his body _______ her, swallowing her in warmth and desire, and smothering any thought of responsibility she might have had.
His hand left her hair to brace himself against the wall beside her head, truly ________ her. Was she breathing? The way her chest heaved _______ her dress, she had to assume she was. But then, where was all the air?
Dane’s head lowered to hers as he _______ her lips like he owned them. Ever so slightly, as if they had all the time in the world, his lips grazed hers.
“Do,” he teased slowly. “You. Want.” Rory fought the ____ to crush her lips against his. “Me?”
~ How do I enter the giveaway? ~
Just visit each participating blog and find the word in green. Then submit that word to the Rafflecopter widget on the entry option that matches the blog on which you found the key word. Each word you find and submit will earn you an entry into the giveaway.
~ Want to earn extra entries into the giveaway? ~
Place the key words into the excerpt into the correct places and submit it to us for verification and earn extra entries into the giveaway!
~ How do I submit my completed excerpt? ~
The last key word can be found on Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews on February 7th. On Laurie’s blog there is a form where you can submit your completed excerpt. Simply copy the excerpt into a word document, fill in the key words that you’ve found into the places you believe they belong, copy the excerpt in its entirety, and paste it into the form.
~ When is the deadline to have the excerpt submitted? ~
All excerpts must be submitted before 11:59PM EST on February 11th to be eligible for the giveaway.
~ Prizes ~
- Grand Prize: Torch box that contains book swag such as: custom matchbooks, ritual candles, essential oils, and temporary vampire tattoos. A signed print copy of The Deaths of Me, a signed print copy of Wingless, and a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Second Place: Torch box that contains book swag such as: custom matchbooks, ritual candles, essential oils, and temporary vampire tattoos. A signed print copy of The Deaths of Me, and a $5 Amazon gift card.
- Third Place: Torch box that contains book swag such as: custom matchbooks, ritual candles, essential oils, and temporary vampire tattoos. A signed print copy of The Deaths of Me, and a bookmark.
- 10 additional winners will receive an eBook copy of The Deaths of Me
Giveaway is International for digital items and US only for Torch boxes, print, and swag items.
~ Giveaway ~
Stay You & Happy Reading,