Title: Pale Highway
Author: Nicholas Conley
Genre: Science Fiction, Slipstream, Thriller
Published: October 20th, 2015
Publisher: Red Adept Publishing
Content Warning: Mature themes, violence, disease, some graphic descriptions
Age Recommendation: 17+
Formats Available: Mobi, ePub, PDF
~ Synopsis ~
Gabriel Schist is spending his remaining years at Bright New Day, a nursing home. He once won the Nobel Prize for inventing a vaccine for AIDS. But now, he has Alzheimer’s, and his mind is slowly slipping away.
When one of the residents comes down with a horrific virus, Gabriel realizes that he is the only one who can find a cure. Encouraged by Victor, an odd stranger, he convinces the administrator to allow him to study the virus. Soon, reality begins to shift, and Gabriel’s hallucinations interfere with his work.
As the death count mounts, Gabriel is in a race against the clock and his own mind. Can he find a cure before his brain deteriorates past the point of no return?
~ About the Author ~
Nicholas Conley’s passion for storytelling began at an early age, prompted by a love of science fiction novels, comic books and horror movies. His upcoming novel Pale Highway, set to be released this October by Red Adept Publishing, is influenced by his experience working with Alzheimer’s patients in a nursing home, a subject that he has also written about for publications such as Vox. When not busy writing, Nicholas spends his time reading, traveling to new places, and indulging in a lifelong coffee habit.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.