Title: Lurking in the Mind
Edited by: Jaidis Shaw
Published: April 4th, 2017
Publisher: CHBB Publishing
Genre: Short Story, Horror
Formats Available: Gift via Amazon, Mobi
~ Synopsis ~
Sometimes the most horrifying monsters live within us.
What horrors lurk within a broken mind when left unattended? From alternate personalities to figments of the imagination, our stories will give you a new outlook on the complexity of the human mind. Follow our authors into the madness … if you dare.
Disclaimer: While the stories within this anthology are works of fiction, some very real mental disorders, fears and/or characteristics are discussed. Stories may contain sensitive topics such as depression, suicide, self-harm, split personalities, schizophrenia, and more. Please be advised.
Stories featured in this anthology include the following:
“Twisted” by Jaclyn Osborn
“Lonely Hearts” by Amber Hassler
“When Emily was Here” by Kathy-Lynn Cross
“Postpartum” by Savannah Rohleder
“The Creep” by E.M. Fitch
“Blind Justice” by Jaidis Shaw
“Obsession” by M L Sparrow
“Lauren” by Jacqueline E. Smith
“Verity Incognito” by James William Peercy
“Gethen” by Liz Butcher
“Starved” by Ace Antonio Hall
“When I met Hannah” by Shelly Schulz
“Did You See Evelyn Today?” by Kelly Matsuura
“North Side Asylum” by Lily Luchesi
“Tortured Minds” by Gina A. Watson
~ About the Editor ~
Jaidis Shaw currently resides in South Carolina with her husband and two beautiful daughters. With a passion for reading, Jaidis can always be found surrounded by books and dreaming of new stories. She enjoys challenging herself by writing in different genres and currently has several projects in the works.
Jaidis also owns and operates Juniper Grove Book Solutions, voted Top Three for Best Promotional Firm, Site, or Resource in the 2013 Preditors & Editors Readers’ Poll. In her spare time, Jaidis maintains her two blogs, Juniper Grove and Blooming with Jaidis. One of her main goals in life is to encourage her daughters to let their imaginations run wild.
By submitting a review request, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
– Signing up does not guarantee you will receive a review copy.
– To read and review the book within 6 weeks of receiving the book.
– If accepted, you are required to post your honest review to Amazon and send us the direct link. We encourage you to post your review to other sites, including but not limited to, your blog, Goodreads, Barnes & Nobles, Booklikes, Smashwords, LibraryThing, Shelfari, etc.
– Each reader will be allowed only one book at a time. After we receive the link to your review, you may request a new book. This is to help prevent readers from receiving a free copy of the book but not posting a review.
– Your email will be used only to provide you with a review copy and will never be shared with the author and/or publisher
Have you received and read this book through our Review Library? Be sure to fill out and submit THIS FORM to provide us with the link to your review so that you will be eligible to receive more books! You’re welcome to email us the link if you’d prefer.